An Equal Opportunity Offender

┌∩┐

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The fork details

What you can't see in the picture (at least very well) is the oil that has drained out of the damper and lip seals all over the fork. I knew I was in trouble last week when it began puddling up around the mission control dials but I failed to make the call to SRAM to get new ones or to even think about it. After about 10 minutes of riding the oil was dripping off the rebound knob on the bottom of the fork. I had to adjust two to three clicks of rebound twice every run. To get any damping at all leaves this beast just a couple of clicks from full rebound damping which would usually make the fork rebound like molasses going up a hill. Unfortunately in its current state it rebounds the way it should.

I guess I know what I'll be doing at some point this week...

No comments:

Post a Comment